- June 12, 2014
- Posted by: Mark Drakeford AM
- Category: Cardiff West News
Ely and Caerau’s new Hub will open on the Jasmine Centre site this summer.
Facilities will include:
- Full library service with events and activities for children.
- IT and self-service facilities including free internet access and telephone.
- Quiet area for study and use of IT.
- Housing advice and Benefits advice.
- Base for Communities First group ACE (Action in Caerau and Ely).
- Space for the Citizen’s Advice Bureau, Credit Unions and other community groups to offer their services.
- A café where people can mingle and share ideas informally.
- Mark and Kevin Brennan MP will hold the Cardiff West Constituency Surgery at the Hub every Saturday 10am-1230pm.
Caerau’s two Labour councillors praised the new facility. Cllr Peter Bradbury said: “This is the one-stop shop Caerau needs – a place where you can get advice, develop your skills, access the full range of council services or just sit down and read a book.” Cllr Elaine Simmons added, “This is a centre designed by and for the people of Caerau and many of its best features result from the public consultation.”
You can see the public consultation report here.